Paige Kauffman blog header  photo about_zpsc4fe7b2d.png photo thoughts_zpsddd0b078.png photo cooking_zps7baff10a.png photo diy_zps91ee6873.png photo travel_zps77e5f92d.png photo beauty_zpsa9f91517.png photo music_zps2fe0bec5.png

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

It's Just the Beginning, This Isn't the End...


I log onto Facebook last night.

It's all over the place.

"Friends are friends forever,
If the Lord's the Lord of them
And a friend will not say never
Because the welcome will not end
Though it's hard to let you go
In the Father's hands we know
That a lifetime's not too long 
To live as friends..."

I know exactly what this means. These are the lyrics to a song I hold near and dear to my heart from Camp Lakeside church camp. Some of us started at Rap n' Rhythm in 5/6 grade, and moved up to Sports Camp from 7-9 grade. We were a team, a family. We stuck together. And now one of us is gone.

I loved that camp more than any other place on earth. I didn't have many friends back home, and those people welcomed me in as one of their own. Unfortunately, I didn't have the opportunity to go to Senior High camp this past summer because that conflicted with my mission trip. But that proved to be an amazing experience for me, just like camp was those five years. I would love to return when I get a chance, whether it be as a camper or counselor.

Another reason camp is such a special place to me is because that is where my life was saved. I had been dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts for ten months or so. I knew I had no choice but to tell someone. I was running out of options, running out of time, running out of hope. On the night of communion, I pulled aside my counselor Hannah and poured out my struggles. She had no idea; no one did. From the outside I looked like the happiest girl alive, but on the inside I was fighting to survive. My two team leaders, Hannah and Joe, helped me out so much from that point on. Hannah told my mom about what I was dealing with and helped me get the counseling I needed. But the counseling didn't save my life...Jesus did. Hannah and Joe were just the two angels who helped me realize I needed something greater--rather, someone greater.


That was the year I met him. We were on the same team together, the Red Rampaging Rappin' Romeos. His laughter was contagious, his smile lit up the room. He was my date to the camp dance....

I'm not sure why sometimes it takes a tragedy to open people's eyes. You never know who could be trapped in a dark place. One of my daily prayers is that God would give me His eyes to see those who are hurting and the courage to do something about it. I wish I could've done more to help; sent an encouraging message and tell him how much he is loved. Let this be a reminder to us to our words for the good. You never know who's life you might save. 

We love you. Sending love, prayers and support to your family.



This isn't the end, it's just the beginning. Stay strong.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28

His Biblical Beauty.
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips