Paige Kauffman blog header  photo about_zpsc4fe7b2d.png photo thoughts_zpsddd0b078.png photo cooking_zps7baff10a.png photo diy_zps91ee6873.png photo travel_zps77e5f92d.png photo beauty_zpsa9f91517.png photo music_zps2fe0bec5.png

Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas with the Kauffmans


Hello lovelies! I'm a little late posting this seeing that our house has been decorated since Thanksgiving weekend, but I figured it would be neat to share pictures of our home during the Christmas season. My mom does an amazing job making everything look so pretty (and not just during December; she decorates our house for every season!!) I swear, every square inch is covered in red and green. I'm picking up tips and traditions that I hope to carry into a house of my own someday.

I'll begin the tour with our living room. Count how many times you find the word 'joy' in our house....it's actually hilarious.







My favorite Christmas memories originate from an odd family collection of....nutcrackers! My parents have bought a new one every year since I was a baby, and it has grown to be quite the group. I used to have names for all of them but I can't remember them anymore.











Back when mom was in love with Longaberger Baskets in the 90's, she thought it would be cute to buy this sleigh. Now we just use it to hold our Christmas cards ;)


We have a kitchen tree with cooking utensil ornaments like spatulas, whisks, and cookie cutters!


Even dad has his own Christmas mug when he's doing work from home on Saturday mornings.


In the piano room/office, we keep this cute caroler my dad made as a kid.


Because the obsession I hold with Christmas is so strong, I have my own tree and decorations in my room! It basically consists of angels, ballerinas, and Lennox Classics my Grandma Phyllis has given me over the years.



I love the little display I put together on my teacup shelf! (Those are actually American Girl Doll ice skates. I knew they would come in handy someday, haha)







My parent's room hosts a beautiful nativity.



Down the stairs.....










Dad built this gorgeous star a few years ago that hangs on the side of our house and lights up at night. It's a great reminder of the Biblical reason behind what and who we celebrate at Christmas.


Merry Christmas from our family to yours!!



His Biblical Beauty,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips