Paige Kauffman blog header  photo about_zpsc4fe7b2d.png photo thoughts_zpsddd0b078.png photo cooking_zps7baff10a.png photo diy_zps91ee6873.png photo travel_zps77e5f92d.png photo beauty_zpsa9f91517.png photo music_zps2fe0bec5.png

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Oreo Balls

Happy New Year everyone! I am so excited to begin the journey through 2014 with my first blog post.
Yesterday, I decided to make some Oreo balls for a New Year's Eve party I went to. Right before Christmas I got sick with the stomach flu and was down for a couple of days, so I didn't get a chance to bake any of the traditional treats/candies we usually eat for the holidays. However, we had already bought all of the ingredients and decided to go ahead and bake them anyway.

Oreo balls are really simple to make, but this was the first time I had ever made them. I got the recipe from my Aunt Deanna. One thing that really surprised me was it only takes four simple ingredients!















The first thing I did was soften the cream cheese. This is really important because if it isn't soft enough, it's difficult to thoroughly mix with the crushed Oreos.















Next, crush the Oreos in a gallon ziploc bag. I have a wooden mallet and it's a good way to get out frustration ;) It is VERY IMPORTANT that 1. The cream cheese is softened and 2. You add in a little bit of Oreos and cream cheese at a time. I would like to say I went through this process easily, but because I put in all of the Oreos and cream cheese at once our blender started smoking...
Needless to say, KitchenAid mixers work just as well.



























Place wax paper on a cookie sheet and roll the paste-like mixture into walnut-sized balls. Chill for an hour.

About 10 minutes before taking out the balls from the refrigerator, place 3/4 pkg. white almond bark in a double boiler over medium heat.















Stir until bark has a smooth consistency and is melted. (Continue to stir in order to keep the almond bark warm throughout the entire process.) Stick a toothpick in a ball and dip it in the melted white bark. You may have to roll it around in order for the ball to be completely covered.


























Allow the Oreo balls to harden on wax paper, about 15 minutes.

Because I ran out of time, I stopped here and they still tasted amazing! If you're better at managing your time than me though, you can melt about 1/4 pkg. of chocolate almond bark and when balls are no longer sticky to touch, drizzle with chocolate.



























They were not very neat but still tasted great for my first time.
Here are a few that didn't "make the cut." You can save them for when you're having a bad day :)





















Happy baking everyone!

His Biblical Beauty,
Paige

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips